Items of Work
- Policy on quartering/accommodation applicable to Army, Navy and Air Force except issues pertaining to payment of allowances in lieu of quarters/furniture.
- Individual cases of Army related with quartering/ accommodation like hiring /de-hiring/ assumption/resumption of building/retention of marriage accommodation/quartering of the Army personnel as well as the Defence civilians (except at Delhi which is done by CAO’s office).
- Matter concerning House Rent Allowance and compensation in lieu of Quarters (CILQ) to Armed Forces Personnel.
- Dealing with Directorate General of Defence Estates (DGDE) * website of DGDE is www.dgde.gov.in
- Administrative control over the Cantonment Boards and Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES).
- Cases relating to co-ordination in so far as the Defence Ministry is concerned with the Public Premises (Eviction of the Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971.
- Eviction of unauthorized occupation from properties held under the charge of Army as distinct from Defence Estates Service.
- Opening military roads to public use, not involving construction of alternative roads.It deals with the following rules etc.:-
- Revision of Special Army Order – Revision of accommodation and allied services & recovery of quartering charges from service officers.
- The Cantonments Act, 2006.
- Policy on F.S.I. (Floor Space Index).